Sachin Sahu
2023-10-18 12:11:00

Can you apply for a visa to Japan for studying traditional martial arts?

2023-10-20 16:05:53

Yes, you can apply for a visa to Japan for the purpose of studying traditional martial arts. To do so, you will typically need to apply for a "Student Visa" (Ryugaku Visa) for the specific purpose of pursuing martial arts training at a recognized institution or dojo in Japan. Here are the general steps to apply for a student visa for studying traditional martial arts in Japan:

Admission to a Martial Arts School or Dojo: First, you need to find a martial arts school or dojo in Japan that offers the specific traditional martial art you want to study. Ensure that the school or dojo is recognized and authorized to accept foreign students.

Obtain a Certificate of Eligibility: The martial arts school or dojo will often assist you in obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). This is a key document required for your visa application. The school must apply for the COE on your behalf through the local immigration office in Japan.

Complete the Visa Application: Once you receive the COE from the school, you can then complete the student visa application. You can obtain the visa application form from the Japanese embassy or consulate in your home country or their official website. Fill out the form accurately and completely.

Gather Required Documents: Typically, the required documents for a student visa application may include:

Passport with remaining validity of at least 6 months.

Visa application form.

Passport-sized photographs.

Certificate of Eligibility (COE) issued by the martial arts school.

Proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Japan.

A written study plan.

Any additional documents specified by the Japanese embassy or consulate.

Submit Your Application: Submit your visa application and all required documents to the nearest Japanese embassy or consulate in your home country. You may be required to attend an interview at the embassy or consulate as part of the application process.

Visa Processing: The embassy or consulate will process your visa application. This may take several weeks, so it's advisable to apply well in advance of your planned departure date.

Visa Issuance: If your visa application is approved, you will receive a student visa sticker in your passport, allowing you to enter Japan for your martial arts studies.

Arrival in Japan: Once you arrive in Japan, you will need to complete any additional procedures with the school and the local immigration office.


Subscribe Our Newsletter To Get Exclusive Discounts & Offers In Your Inbox

Download Adotrip App Or Simply Subscribe To Get Exclusive Offers On Flights, Hotels, Buses And More


May I Help you