Lucknow city has always been a fascinating place to explore the rich Indian traditions in their true exotic charm. Whether it be Lucknowi cuisine, architecture, excellent art forms, its traditional grandeur or Lucknow’s events and festivals; this magnificent city doesn’t fail to impress at all.
Talking about events, one such popular event is the Lucknow Mahotsav, also known as the Lucknow Festival. Organized on an annual basis, Lucknow Mahotsav is a celebration that is loaded with brilliant exhibitions, delicious cuisines, a few intriguing contests and a ton of enjoyment.
The theme, Shaan-e-Awadh-Jashn-e-Lucknow makes it all the more interesting. Lucknow Mahotsav is organized by UP Tourism and Lucknow District Administration. Apart from enjoyment, the promotion of the city's tourism is another intention of this celebration, which is visited by both domestic and foreign tourists.
It was between 1975 and 1976 when an event called Tourism Year was organized in South Asia. On this occasion, a unanimous decision was taken to promote Lucknow’s cultural heritage. Thus, Lucknow Festival or Lucknow Mahotsav was born. If an exception of a few years is not taken into consideration then, Lucknow Mahotsav has always been celebrated annually without a miss.
Lucknow Mahotsav is adorned with a variety of performances by artists of different genres. Singers, poets, shayars and others grace the stage with their brilliant performances. Along with this, national as well as state awardees and craftsmen also come up with their stalls and kiosks, free of cost, in the crafts fair. Let’s discuss what are the major highlights of Lucknow Mahotsav.
Entry tickets for Lucknow Mahotsav can be bought for Rs.20. For seasonal tickets, the people will have to shell out Rs.100. For senior citizens and children below five years of age, the entry is free. Apart from this, free Wi-Fi services are also made available on the premises.
1. Sitar and Sarangi Recitals. During this charming cultural fest, one gets to enjoy the musical night while listening to soulful music from India's famous sitar and sarangi maestros.
2. Ghazal Performances. If you love to peek into the soulful ambience, then listening to ghazals can be your musical salvation. The Lucknow Mahotsav invites some of the brilliant and talented Ghazal singers of India to grace the stage.
3. Qawali Nights. Qawwalis is an ultimate form of music that lets you feel the divinity and introduces you to new heights and scales of bliss. The famous walls will cheer you up with their happening and peppy qawwali sessions.
4. Kavi Sammelan and Mushaira. If you love poems and shayaris, then Lucknow Mahotsav is an ideal place to be at. One can enjoy fun and light moments during the amazing performances by the poets.
5. Classical Dance Performances. Witness the beautiful shows where famous classical dancers can be seen performing on their fortes such as Kathak, Kuchipudi, Manipuri, and many other Indian dance forms.
6. Food Fiesta. Try not to miss the delicious lip-smacking treats of Nawabi food. Lucknow Mahotsav offers a huge assortment of delicious dishes from a few cooking styles including Kebabs, Paranthas, Non-veggie lover luxuries, and Kesaria Doodh (Milk).
To reach Luckow, you will have to cover a total distance of about 554, 1,377, 991, 1,871 km from the metropolitan cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru respectively. Here are the details on how you can reach Lucknow by the following means of public transport.
By Air. The nearest airport is Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport (LKO) aka Lucknow Airport which is just a few kilometres away from the city centre, situated in the Amausi region of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh and is well-connected to major cities of India and overseas. From the airport, you can easily book a cab to reach your destination.
By Train. The nearest railway station is Lucknow Charbagh Railway Station which connects Lucknow with other Indian cities via an extensive rail network linking major cities. Once you deboard at the station, you will need to book a cab or some other means of locally available transportation to reach your respective destination.
By Road. The road connectivity of Lucknow city is well-established with neighbouring regions and other major cities of India. Depending on your geographical location you can book a cab, or interstate buses (private/government) to reach your destination. Otherwise, if you are not comfortable travelling on a bus or a cab then you can also self-drive.
You can plan your trip and create your own route to the city with Adotrip’s technically driven circuit planner. Click here
17 January 2020 - 23 January 2020
Leave a Reply: