Travel is an important part of life. With new things happening every now and then, it’s great to keep yourself updated. Adotrip ensures that you have all the information at your disposal if traveling is on your mind. Check out the latest travel highlights!
1. The world’s first-ever transparent swimming pool has been opened up in London. The most intriguing thing about this pool is that it is suspended between two buildings, which makes one feel that they are floating in the air.
It is known as the Sky Pool, and it is 82 feet long and is hanging 115 feet above a street. The pool is located next to the US Embassy, in the neighborhood in southwest London, and is attached between the 10th floors of two buildings. The Sky Pool offers breathtaking views of the London Eye and the House of Parliament.
2. The Government of Turkey has decided to impose a 2-week institutional quarantine mandatory for people visiting the country from India and 7 other countries. This decision was made to stop the rising numbers of Coronavirus cases in the country.
A travel advisory has also been shared by Turkish Airlines mentioning that people coming from these countries in the last 14 days will be required to submit a negative RT PCR report not older than 72 hours.
3. Greece, Germany, and 5 other European countries have introduced a vaccination certificate system for travelers. Reportedly, the other countries that have already started are Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Croatia, and Poland as informed by the European Commission.
Among these countries, Greece’s economy is heavily dependent on tourism, and it has been stressing the use of a commonly-recognized vaccination certificate that uses QR codes and has advanced security features. According to reports, certificates are being given to the travelers who have been fully vaccinated, and to those people who have contracted the virus earlier and have developed antibodies, and also to those who have had an RT PCR test within the past 72 hours.
4. The Heathrow Airport of London has opened a new terminal for visitors coming from its ‘Red List’ countries like India. Travelers arriving in London via direct flights from high-risk countries will now directly go through terminal 3 of the Heathrow Airport. From there, they will be transferred to a quarantine facility that the visitors will have to book at their own expense.
This decision was taken after the airport staff showed concern about their safety because of overcrowding at the airport. Several passengers here have been arriving from red list countries.
Airport’s spokesperson said, "Red list routes will likely be a feature of UK travel for the foreseeable future as countries vaccinate their populations at different rates.”
5. As per the reports, the Netherlands has decided to lift the ban on passenger flights arriving from India. It has also lifted restrictions on flights arriving from South America, Central America, and South Africa.
The travelers from these regions will now be allowed to enter the country once again. However, they will have to test negative for the COVID 19 prior to their departure, and ensure that they follow all the quarantine protocols after entering the country.
The Dutch Government website says, "As of 1 June 2021, there is no longer a ban on flights from India, South Africa, and the countries in Central and South America."
That’s all for the week. Stay tuned to Adotrip for the best holiday options and flight deals. With us, nothing is far!Book your flights