1. As part of the Maharashtra state government's efforts to boost tourism in the region, the Bombay High Court building will be open from October 16 to heritage enthusiasts.
According to sources, the Tourists Guide Association and the high court have taken this initiative together. Built over a period of 7 years in the Gothic revival in the early English style architecture, the said building is known for being one of the country’s oldest courts that was commissioned in services in 1878.
The Directorate of Tourism implemented this initiative allowing visitors to take a tour of the building on weekends from 10 AM - 2 PM, and the duration of each will continue for an hour.
2. Saudi Arabia has decided to allow its airports to operate at full capacity for both domestic and international flights. On Sunday, the Saudi Arabia General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) announced that airports are already operating at full capacity without any COVID 19 restrictions.
As per the reports, Saudi authorities have issued a circular to all airlines that are operating in the country’s airports. The GACA has also tweeted the instructions to all airlines.
3. The authorities of Singapore have decided to allow quarantine-free entry for fully vaccinated passengers. In a part of a plan to ease restrictions in Singapore, the new travel scheme is being extended to eight countries.
As most other countries are now doing, Singapore is also preparing to open up and live with the coronavirus. For Germany and Brunei, the new quarantine-free travel rule for fully vaccinated travelers began last month. To passengers from other countries, such as Canada, the United States, Denmark, France, Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands, the same rule is being extended.
4. At Pentha beach in the state’s Kendrapara district, Odisha’s tourism department is hosting an eco-retreat festival. To highlight this beautiful beach destination, the festival is going to be held for the first time. Starting from November 15, the eco retreat is going to be a three-and-a-half month long event. It could be a perfect New Year’s plan for you.
To experience this virgin beach destination and all its wonders, the event is a wonderful opportunity for travelers. With a string of great experiences for all, the Odisha government has arranged for fifteen luxury tents here at the beach. There will be cultural festivals, trekking in a mangrove forest, and food festivals.
5. After receiving heavy snowfall earlier this week, the gorgeous hill states Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand have turned white. From the past few days, some parts of these states have been experiencing heavy rainfall. Badrinath in Uttarakhand and the beautiful Dhankar village in Lahaul-Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh are now covered in a thick blanket of snow.
With a forecast of heavy to very heavy rainfall, India Meteorological Department (IMD) for Uttarakhand issued a red alert. In its daily weather bulletin IMD said, "Heavy to very heavy rainfall with extremely heavy falls very likely at isolated places over Uttarakhand and West Uttar Pradesh."
That was all for this week’s travel highlights. We will be back with more exciting travel updates from around the world next week. Until then, stay tune to Adotrip. With us, nothing is far!Book your flights