As quoted by Hans Christian Anderson,” To travel is to live,” here is a compilation of the weekly developments in the global tourism industry.
1. With growing global business requirements, business or corporate travel is registering an all-time high growth. Mid-level to senior-level management professionals are traveling to give a boost to their business. With business activities getting a jumpstart worldwide, work-related travel is rising across all sectors.
2. In association with BLADE India, Goa has launched three helicopter services to boost travel and tourism in its remote and offbeat locales. The availability of Heli Tourism Services is set to provide better connectivity to the residents and tourists. These services will provide excellent connectivity with Old, North, and South Goa.
3. The famous Easter Island in Chile is set to reopen for tourists from August 1st, 2022. Located 3500 km west of Chile, it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the Southern Pacific Ocean region. Easter Island, also referred to as Rapa Nui, is famous for its mysterious stone statues. It is welcome news for the island residents, who are heavily dependent on tourism.
4. A new cafe registered its presence in Kolkata recently. It is the initiative of the Indian Postal Department. The cafe Siuli has opened in the General Post Office Building. The cafe will remain open from 10 am to 7 pm and will be catered by the in-house catering department of the post office. Sprawled in 1450 sq ft space, the cafe has been aesthetically furnished with wooden furniture and brightly colored sofa sets.
5. The 2-day Hemis Festival in Ladakh will be held on the 8th and 9th of July. This annual celebration marks the birth anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava. The festivities are organized in the famous grand Hemis Monastery. A perfect time to witness the rick Ladakhi culture, this festival attracts many visitors from all over the world.Book your flights