1. An art exhibition will be held at the Palais de la Bourse in Marseille from 10th March to 21st August 2022. The special feature of the exhibition is that it will offer an end-to-end holistic experience to art lovers about the famous Mona Lisa painting. It will be on similar lines as exhibitions held for artists like Vincent Van Gogh, Frida Kahlo, and Monet in the past. The exhibition will have six themes that will cover the history of the painting, the artist’s genius, and more.
2. To boost Astro tourism in Rajasthan, India’s first chain of observatories, Starscapes, has announced the setting up of a state-of-the-art observatory in Pink City. Visitors can stargaze and even indulge in astrophotography. Interested people can carry out research too. Starscapes already has a Mobile Stargate Observatory posted in the city and has been getting very positive responses.
3. Kiribati is one of the remotest islands of the world, which had remained largely Covid-free for the past two years. However, in a surprising move, the government took to Facebook to announce a national lockdown, the first one since the pandemic struck the world. This move was taken after 36 passengers from Fiji tested Corona positive on arrival.
4. The Tourism Department of Kashmir launched its new heritage tour ride called the Srinagar City Heritage Tour Bus Service. The bus route will cover the heritage places of the city like Jama Masjid, Burzhama, Chatti Padshahi, Pari Mahal, Burzhama, Buddhist Site Harwan, and more.
5. In the Central Jail, Jabalpur, Netaji was imprisoned during the freedom fight. This is where a new museum dedicated to the legendary freedom fighter was opened on the 125th birth anniversary of the leader. The museum will remain open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays only.Book your flights