1. Updating health status on Air Suvidha by individual passengers is mandatory for international travel. Additionally, mandatory documents like vaccination certificates, passports, and a 72-hour-prior negative RT-PCR test report must be submitted. Passengers traveling to at-risk nations need to be tested before departure.
On-arrival testing is compulsory for passengers coming in from the UK, South Africa, Singapore, China, Israel, Brazil, and more.
2. Benital in Chamoli district in Uttarakhand is the center of attraction these days. An Astro Village is being planned here by the state government. An Astro Party hosted for the first time this month offered participants the opportunity to view celestial bodies in the sky.
The hilly region is located at an altitude of 2,500 meters. The haze-free and low-pollution atmosphere assists in offering an undisturbed view of the night sky.
3. The Indian government is all set to construct ten Tribal Freedom Fighters Museums in different states. The states are – Andhra Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Kerala, Manipur, Mizoram, Madhya Pradesh, and Telangana.
It started with laying the foundation stone for the Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum at Luangkao village in Manipur.
4. In its latest travel update, the US has banned international travel for visitors from eight African countries. The reason is the rising concerns about the new Covid variant, Omicron. The countries barred are – South Africa, Eswatini, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Namibia, Mozambique, Lesotho, and Botswana.
5. Tamil Nadu Tourism Minister announced the state Forest and Tourism departments conducting joint surveys to identify new tourist spots in the Nilgiris. The purpose is to identify new attractive spots in the forested areas to encourage tourism and generate more revenues.
He made the announcement during the Ooty Film Festival.Book your flights