1. Bir, located in Joginder Nagar Valley amidst the Dhauladhar range, will be the venue for the annual music festival called Musicathon. This festival will be organized at The Bagicha from 15th till 16th April. Musicathon offers an incredible platform for all new artists and musicians to showcase their talent to the locals and travelers visiting Bir during this time.
2. The DGCA, Directorate General of Civil Aviation, has requested people to keep following the basic Covid guideline of wearing a face mask during air travel. Passengers flying on the domestic circuit or internationally need to wear masks at the airport and onboard the flight. Passengers run the risk of getting deboarded if found without a face mask.
3. In an official statement issued by Air Canada, it was mentioned that the ongoing tensions between Russia and Ukraine are the reason behind the suspension. The flights from Delhi to Vancouver need to cross the Russian and Ukrainian airspace. The Canadian flag carrier will introduce more flights to other Indian cities so that there are problems for Indian travelers.
4. March 2022 witnessed about 1.8 lakh footfalls in the Kashmir Valley - a record in the past ten years. The Tourism Department expects a higher turnout in the coming two months of summer. Several hotels and houseboats are fully booked for the coming season, which is another good sign.
Amidst such encouraging news, the department also launched the first-ever hot-air balloon rides in Kashmir at the Zabarwan Park in Srinagar. There is also news about the introduction of paragliding activities in the Valley by the department.
5. In another piece of encouraging news, CDC, America’s watchdog health agency, has dropped 20 countries from its Level 4 list. These countries include Saint Lucia, Suriname, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Canada, Grenada, Armenia, Azerbaijan, BelizeIran, Libya, Paraguay, Oman, and Panama. Further, countries like Iraq, Botswana, and South Africa have been placed in Level 2 and Nepal, Pakistan, and Ghana in Level 1.
The CDC has now also removed its health notice regarding cruises.Book your flights