Check out the latest travel news compiled by Adotrip to your fingertips. Have a look!
1. The High Court in Nainital has decided to ban the Char Dham Yatra till August 18th because of the current COVID-19 situation. The court came down strongly on the state government of Uttarakhand for not adhering to COVID-related protocols at tourist places in the state.
As per the reports, the state government of Uttarakhand had to issue new COVID guidelines by updating and issuing the Standard Operating Procedure. According to the sources, the High Court of Uttarakhand had earlier put a halt to the government’s decision to allow the Char Dham Yatra from July 1, after which the government took the matter to the Supreme Court and filed a plea in the Apex Court.
2. The government of Italy has planned to make the EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate mandatory for unvaccinated tourists wanting to explore the country. The new rules are applicable to all unvaccinated tourists who do not have Italy’s ‘Green Pass’. As per the reports, everyone over the age of 12 should carry a health pass to be allowed access to tourist spots. The new rules will start on August 6, 2021.
The new restrictions were introduced on July 22. The health pass is being issued by the Italian government to everyone who has been vaccinated against COVID-19 at least once, the ones who have recently recovered from the virus, or to those who present a negative RT-PCR report taken within 48 hours.
3. On the occasion of International Tiger Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared insights on social media and the government’s take on the same. The Prime Minister committed to providing a safe and friendly ecosystem to Tigers. He also shared that India is home to 51 tiger reserves that are spread across 18 states.
He also shared some positive news, stating that India has managed to double the number of tigers in the country, a feat as this record has been achieved 4 years before it was scheduled by St. Petersburg Declaration
4. France has now moved Indir from red list to amber as COVID cases have declined in India. The government of France has classified amber-listed countries as nations where there is some control over the spread of the virus. After hearing this news, VFS centers in Mumbai and Delhi have opened and are accepting all visa categories.
5. Thrilling news comes from Odisha that travelers can now experience cruises in the Hirakud reservoir in Odisha from August. The reservoir is located near the Debrigarh Wildlife Sanctuary, and together the two create an adventurous experience for travelers. The site is all up and ready to become a major eco-tourism destination that will involve local communities.
As per the officials, the cruise in the Hidrakud reservoir will be a part of a package. The package includes wildlife sightseeing and bird watching. The Dibrugarh Wildlife Sanctuary is widely popular for sightseeing, great experiences, and more. Animals regularly visit the reservoir to drink water and offer a great opportunity to travelers to witness the wild animals in their natural habitat.
That was all from the world of travel today, we will be back next week with more exciting travel updates. Till then, stay tuned to Adotrip for all things travel.Book your flights