Travel is an important aspect of life. With new things happening every now and then, it’s great to stay updated. Adotrip ensures that you have all the information at your disposal if traveling is on your mind. Read the latest travel highlights!
1. Indian Idol 12 winner Pawandeep Rajan has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand’s art, culture, and tourism by the state’s government. The 23-year-old national singing sensation hails from Champawat in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. He won the singing reality show on August 15; and Pushkar Singh Dhami, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, honored him with the prestigious position in Dehradun on August 25.
2. Recently, Dubai added yet another great landmark to its list of tourist attractions. The tallest and the largest observation wheel is going to be inaugurated on October 21 Dubai. The latest attraction is double the height of the London Eye. Called Ain Dubai, it will take tourists to a height of 250 m to see the incredible skyline of Dubai.
Located at Bluewaters Island, Ain Dubai is not just a place for pretty views. This is also where you will be able to dine or host corporate events, weddings, engagements, birthdays, among other things. You can choose from 19 customizable events.
3. Yes, you read that right! There is a lake named Coca Cola in Brazil, where you can swim in a lake full of cola-like water!
Well, Brazil boasts of such a lake, which has become a popular tourist attraction. This lake is known to have minerals in soil and water that are beneficial for health. Despite its unusual color, the official Brazil Tourism website states that the Coca-Cola lake has rejuvenating properties. The lake is safe for swimming, bathing, or boating, and the locals strongly vouch for the healing powers of the lake.
4. Oman is opening its borders to fully vaccinated Indian travelers. According to reports, Oman is going to lift the travel ban on fully vaccinated travelers from India and 20 other countries.
The updated travel rule will be applicable from 1:30 PM (IST), September 1. As per the reports, other countries include Brazil, Argentina, Ethiopia, Colombia, Iran, Indonesia, Iraq, Malaysia, Libya, Philippines, Nigeria, Sudan, Singapore, Thailand, Tanzania, the United Kingdom, Tunisia, and Vietnam.
5. The government of Odisha has decided to develop the unexplored Bat Island near the Hirakud Dam Reservoir as an eco-tourist attraction. Not many people know that the Mahanadi River Island is home to thousands of bats. Launched by the Forest and Environment department by the state government, people will be able to visit the island as a part of the Hirakud Cruise.
The forest officials have hired 12 fishermen families to conserve the island. Anshu Pragyan Das, Divisional Forest Officer (DFO), Hirakud, said, “It will start as soon as ecotourism opens post-COVID lockdown.”
That’s all for this week’s travel highlights. We will be back with more interesting updates related to travel next week. Until then, stay safe and sound.Book your flights