9 Intriguing facts of Karva Chauth you should be aware of!
June 27th, 2019
There are millions of women who keep fast on Karva Chauth and this ritual is followed for quite a long time since it's a tradition. We as a whole realize that wives fast for the long life of their husbands and that the fast is broken after looking at the moon, but that is not the end actually! Here are some intriguing facts you might need to think about Karva Chauth…
1. What does Karva Chauth truly mean? Karva implies a ‘clay pot' and Chauth signifies 'fourth' in Hindi. Fourth, as Karva Chauth falls on the fourth day of the Kartik month, according to Hindu calendar.
2. The fast of Karva Chauth is kept 9 days before Diwali reliably.
3. It's Karva Chauth that brought out the term 'Pati-Parmeshwar' which means husbands are considered as Gods and the wife's responsibility is to serve them.
4. This day-long fast is to actually seen by married women crosswise over India, particularly North India from sunrise to moonrise. Additionally, unmarried women keep the fast for their life partners or sought husbands. The good thing is we equally have men supporting Fast For Her and fasting for their wives now.
5. Did you know? Unmarried young girls fast on Karva Chauth need not to sit tight for the moon to break their fast. They can break the fast when the stars are visible in the sky.
6. Wives look for every option to deck up on this day. Red and pink are the shades of affection and the colors for the day. Women put their best in their lehenga-choli or overwhelming traditional suits on this day.
7. Women have mehndi on their two hands, as it's said to be an indication of good fortunes and prosperous. Additionally, the Karva Chauth look is incomplete without bangles, sindoor, bindis and obviously, mehndi!
8. What's new on this day? Well, gems, garments, makeup, puja things and so forth? Everything on this day is NEW!
9. For singles who don't realize what 'Sargi' really is, let us tell you know! Sargi is a gift from the Mother-in-law to her Daughter-in-law. This incorporates sweets, different eatables (intended to be eaten before sunrise) and new dresses.
These above-given are some facts that you should be aware of the Karva Chauth festival. Women awaited long to celebrate this festival lies before Diwali approaches every year.
Also Read: Experience the divine 9 days dedicated to Goddess Durga...